Perfect Corp.’s new trend report spotlights a shift in focus to low-maintenance hair routines, natural tones, and hair wellness in 2022.
The Global Beauty Trends Report 2022 reveals the biggest consumer hair trends and hair colour preferences, based on a global analysis of virtual hair colour try-on data from Perfect Corp.’s YouCam suite of apps. With a global focus, big data has been sourced from nine regions: the United Kingdom, the United States, France, Germany, Spain, Brazil, Mexico, Japan, and China.
The report reveals that consumer behaviours adopted over the past couple of years, as a result of lockdowns and social distancing measures, have persisted. It finds that consumers are embracing low-maintenance hair routines, opting to grow out their natural roots and nourish their hair with self-care regimens, as well as turning to online channels and AR-powered virtual try-on tools for hair inspiration.
The report highlights top consumer behaviours and hair colour trends including:
- A surge in the popularity of natural hair colours, as well as an increase in silver hair colour try-ons;
- The continued popularity of vivid tones, as consumers seek to experiment and play with hair colour in fun ways;
- A new focus on hair health, as consumers embrace natural hair colours and caring routines that preserve the hair’s condition and minimise damage;
- The need for AR-powered virtual hair colour try-on tools, as consumers adopt digital-first mindsets and seek out virtual try-on tools as a way to feel confident about their next hair transformation;
- The growing role AR technology is playing in driving sustainability in the hair colour industry.
“We are delighted to be sharing our latest Global Beauty Trend Report with the hair industry, and offer valuable insight into the ways that consumer hair trends have evolved over the course of the pandemic. The big data provided by Perfect Corp.’s YouCam apps community can empower hair color and hair care brands to better understand their customers, and fine-tune their omnichannel strategies for success.”
– Alice Chang, Perfect Corp. CEO and Founder
To access the complete Global Beauty Trend Report 2022, click here.