We work to ensure that the beauty industry is recognised and valued at all levels of government, throughout the wider economy and by consumers. Sometimes this involves championing causes or pushing for action on behalf of our members and the beauty industry at large.
Some of our recent campaigns:
We’ve partnered with M&C Saatchi Group to create the #OhHelloBeauty campaign. It will run on social media channels and in mainstream print publications throughout the spring and summer to encourage customers back into salons.
How to get involved
- Download your Oh Hello Beauty campaign posters.
- Print your posters out in either A2 or A3.
- Place facing outwards to the street in your salon window.
- Use the social media assets on your Facebook and Instagram accounts, tagging @britishbeautycouncil and #OhHelloBeauty.
- Use the Stickers available via Instagram Stories to help spread the word.
- Get your clients involved! Ask them to post pictures of themselves after a visit to you, using #OhHelloBeauty.
To launch the campaign we coordinated and published an open letter to Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak from 60 leading beauty journalists calling on Government to provide urgent financial support for hairdressers, beauty salons and mobile traders.
UK MADE PPE SUPPLIES
British Beauty Council patron twelveNYC launched a digital platform where beauty business can buy accessible, compliant and cost-effective PPE. Neither the British Beauty Council or twelveNYC profited from the service.
In October 2020 we launched #ChopTheVAT – a campaign asking government to cut VAT for hair salons from 20 percent to 5 percent, as they had done for the hospitality industry.
At this point, some hairdressers were down 80 percent in clients while still managing the huge overheads of running a bricks-and-mortar store. An estimated 10 percent of salons had already closed since lockdown, and 43 percent of salon owners didn’t expect to survive the winter without financial help.
We produced a series of eye-catching graphics and encouraged members to share them across their social networks.
contact us online
Contact us in person
10 Queen Street Place
London, EC4R 1BE
9 Percy Street
London W1T 1DL