Your right to privacy, and the security of your personal information is very important to us. The British Beauty Council will only collect, keep, process and share personal data for the legitimate business purposes detailed below or if we are legally required to do so.
How we collect your data
The British Beauty Council may collect and use your personal data when you:
- Apply for membership of the British Beauty Council via MemberPress
- Buy tickets or sign-up for our events via our website (any required payments are handled by a 3rd party payment provider).
- Register to receive our newsletters
- Complete surveys or forms via our website
- Update personal details about your membership
- Provide feedback or request details about our services or member offers
- Analytics providers (such as Google, and Microsoft based outside the UK)
- Search information providers
- Contact, financial and transaction data from providers of payment services such as Paypal and Stripe
- Event ticketing and conferencing systems (such as Eventbrite and Zoom).
How we use your data
The British Beauty Council may use your data in the following ways:
- To maintain the ‘logged in’ status if you are a member.
- To send you information about our products and services when you have both provided us with your personal data and consented to our use in this way.
- To send you information about our partners or sponsors’ products and services when you have both provided us with your personal data and consented to our use in this way.
- To conduct transactions online using your personal and credit/bank card details when you have both provided us with your personal data and consented to our use in this way.
The British Beauty Council will never use your personal data in a way that you have not consented to, and will treat all data in compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party.
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our users and, before we do so, we will make sure that you cannot be identified from it.
We use your data to pursue the British Beauty Council’s legitimate interests in promoting our activities such as news updates, industry initiatives and forthcoming events.
We may also use your details to contact you with news and initiatives in the legitimate interests of our sponsors and partners. Any communication about partner initiatives will always be sent by the British Beauty Council – we will not give your details to our partners – and only if you have consented to receive such partner communications.
You will always have the option to opt out of receiving all of these communications using the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of every email we send you.
If you request to unsubscribe, we will retain some personal data to comply with legal requirements, but will remove information that is not required for our processes.
If you opt to receive our newsletters you will receive information regarding industry news, events, services and offers in partnership with external organisations. We collect information on open rates and click throughs to assess and improve our newsletters. You can unsubscribe from our newsletters at any time by clicking on the link displayed at the bottom of each newsletter.
We may contact you with information regarding membership, events, our beauty industry work and offers, via email, post or phone, and in compliance with direct marketing regulations. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes, by emailing us at email@example.com or calling us on 07355 042 657.
Third-party service providers
We use third-party processors to collect, export, process and store personal data on our behalf. All our processors are compliant with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the retained EU law version of the General Data Protection Regulations. You can visit their websites for further information:
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees or third parties who have a business need to know and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purpose of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation.
By law, we have to keep basic information about our members (including contact, identity, financial and transaction data) for six years after they cease being members for tax purposes. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data (see below).
You have rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request we correct inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or export elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
How to contact us
To exercise your rights, make a complaint, or ask a question, contact us at:
British Beauty Council
27 Rathbone Street
Call: +44 (0)7355 042 657
© British Beauty Council 2023
All rights reserved