Purpose of the DEI committee
The purpose of the Diversity Equity & Inclusivity committee is to:
- Investigate barriers within the hair, beauty and wellness industry, and identify and implement the solutions needed to be more equitable and inclusive.
- Identify key issues for the British Beauty Council and the committee to tackle as part of its work with both Government and consumers to accelerate progress on diversity, equity and inclusivity.
- Create and deliver a DEI Roadmap, agreed by the British Beauty Council, to make tangible progress towards identified DEI goals.
- Influence the future of diversity, equity and inclusivity in the UK hair, beauty and wellness industry.
- Address the British Beauty Council’s commitment to inclusive education, to ensure that no one is excluded on the basis of any aspect of their identity or background.
- Actively champion more inclusive and holistic education, amending the curriculum, creating mentorship opportunities, championing social mobility and celebrating brands that are leading in this space.
- Amplify and celebrate the voices of all the communities the industry serves so that everyone can feel seen, heard, valued and excited to engage with the beauty industry.
- Act to encourage under-represented groups to enter into, be supported by and stay within the industry, creating a community to champion change.
- Shine a light on key platforms where diverse talent can be tapped/found to encourage the re-education of public/consumer mind-sets and encourage others within the sector to seek out similar diverse talents in their own businesses.
DEI committee taskforces
Inclusive Customer Experience
Sharon Lloyd (Co-Chair)
Inclusive Product and Service Design
Policies and Practices
Kylie Hopwood (Co-Chair)