England have updated their Close Contact Guidance, which includes additional information for Step 3 of the Roadmap (set to come into force no earlier than 17 May).
This update of the Guidance (4th May) is explained in the ‘Whats Changed’ section. The guidance has been updated to include measures you should follow at Step 3, no earlier than 17 May.
“Addition of information for Step 3 of the roadmap. This includes:
- saunas and steam rooms can reopen
- updated social contact rules (gatherings of up to 30 people are permitted outdoors; gatherings of up to 6 people or 2 households of any size are permitted indoors)
- you can provide reading materials such as newspapers and magazines in client waiting areas
- you can provide refreshments in line with guidance for restaurants, pubs, bars and takeaway services
We’ve also clarified the guidance on use of gloves for treatment.”
5.3 Hygiene: handwashing, sanitation facilities and toilets
5. “Unless it is crucial for the treatment, change practices to avoid any potential skin-to-skin contact. You should continue to use gloves for any treatments where there is a risk of contact with blood or body fluids.”
Access the full Guidance here.