Black History Month 2020 begins today, 1st October. ShareTheMicUK has been launched to magnify black women and their work to accelerate global change.
Founded by Vanessa Kingori MBE and Stephanie Phair, Share The Mic UK sees a variety of black women whose work and voices are shaping a better future taking over the Instagram accounts of prominent white women who have strong audiences.
“Women are powerful. Women working together are irrepressible. We are at a moment in history where change has to happen”. – Stephanie Phair, Chief Customer Officer Farfetch, and Chair of our Affiliate British Fashion Council.
People involved in Share The Mic UK include:
- Executive Board Member Sharmadean Reid, who will be taking over Charlotte Tilbury’s account
- Advisory Board Member Charlotte Mensah, who will be taking over Poppy Delevingne’s account
- Contributing Editor, Vogue, Funmi Fetto, who will be taking over Rosie Huntington-Whiteley’s account
- Director of Creative Diversity, BBC, June Sarpong, who will be taking over Victoria Beckham’s account
- Activist Tanya Compas, who will be taking over Isamaya Ffrench’s account
To find the full list of those taking part in #ShareTheMicUK, follow their Instagram page here.