Part two of our action plan for the British beauty business covers the pillar for education – the basis of knowledge and good practice in our industry which we feel needs greater investment, clarity and nurturing.
With this pillar we aim to attract the best talent into the industry by giving students a clear understanding of how to study and train for key roles. To ensure the future growth and success of the British beauty industry, we aim to establish a charitable trust to support initiatives that will attract, develop and retain talent in these ways:
- Informing young people about the breadth of opportunities and careers available in the beauty industry.
- Working with employers to establish workforce development and clear career paths to build and retain talent.
- Encouraging the development of beauty-focused courses in higher and further education.
- Enabling talented individuals to pursue higher education via scholarship programmes funded by our own charitable trust.
- Developing a school-leaver apprenticeship as an alternative pathway into the industry.
- Retaining talent post-education by offering graduate traineeships at leading British beauty companies.