Scotland have announced a £25million Wedding Fund.
Launching on 28th January the fund will provide one-off grants of up to £25,000 for eligible businesses in the sector impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Businesses must be in one of the following sectors;
- Marquee Hire (includes tipi)
- Wedding Attire
- Florists & Event Stylists
- Transport (not including taxis)
- Event Supplies (Cater hire, decorative items)
- Hairdressers & Make-up Artists (Non-mobile)
- Entertainment (Band, DJ, Piper, String Quartet)
- Jewellery Designers/Makers/Sellers
- Wedding Exhibitions/Events
- Wedding Publications or Listing Sites
- Wedding Stationery
- Other Specialist Niche Suppliers (Photo Booth, Event nannies, event planners etc)
“This £25 million fund will ensure one-off grants of up to £25,000 reach eligible business as quickly as possible and there is no equivalent fund in other parts of the UK.
The pandemic has had a severe impact on Scotland’s wedding sector, and we know that the current restrictions, while entirely necessary in our fight against COVID-19, continue to take their toll on the sector. I’d encourage all those who think they are eligible to find out more about applying – we want to help as many businesses survive this pandemic as we can.
We have allocated over £3 billion to help businesses since the start of this pandemic. However, we know it can never compensate for the unprecedented affect this has had on business. We will continue to work with the resources available to us to protect businesses and build a stronger recovery for Scotland.” – Finance Minister Kate Forbes
For more information about the Fund, click here.