As mandated by the UK government, education is permitted to continue throughout England’s current national lockdown. This is inclusive of that taking place within the beauty industry.
DISCLAIMER: Accurate at the time of posting, but these guidelines may change, and are updated in accordance with frequent consultations we have with government as part of their COVID-19 taskforce.
- Where possible, delivery of both theory, practical teaching and assessments should be carried out via on-line platforms where the Awarding Body approve. In the instance of private and independent teaching courses, training establishments can prove that sufficient quality checks can be in place to ensure a thorough understanding and safe and efficient practical aspects can be followed. (Platforms such as Zoom can provide very close demonstration and application techniques via mobile devises.)
- Where this is not possible there are COVID 19 secure measures that can be adopted:
- Classes must be in accordance with the social distancing measures depending on the accommodation. i.e every student must be able to work with a 2 meter distance of fellow students
- On entry, every student must adhere to the hygiene measures as recognised by the establishments Risk Assessment
- Every student must wear suitable PPE and follow suitable hygiene measures
- Every student must have the facilities to change into their workwear on entry and store their travel clothing and personal belongings in a secure place
- Every student must avoid contact during breaks
- Students must bring their own refreshments and consume with social distancing measures or leave the building and follow the entry procedure on returning
- All tools and products used must be disinfected in accordance with the Guidelines
- Teachers must clean and disinfect all areas between teaching sessions
- Students must work on their own nails, on a ‘practice hand’, or on each other.
- Teachers must provide practical demonstrations via an overhead camera and monitor
- Teachers, when giving feedback and guidance must stand behind their student while both are wearing full PPE (i.e suitable mask, eye protection or visor. No face to face contact)